Comcast is accelerating the nation’s fastest and largest multi-gig rollout and today announced it is expanding Xfinity’s 10G network to Arcadia and surrounding DeSoto County to reach to more than 10,000 homes and businesses.
This expansion will not only bring high-speed Internet services to some areas for the first time, but will do so in the broadband network that is being built to fuel the rapidly increasing Internet consumption today and in the future. Arcadia is the latest Florida community to implement these enhancements to Xfinity’s 10G network, paving the way for the introduction of new symmetric multi-gigabit Internet options that can be delivered over existing Comcast networks at lower cost.
Comcast expects to complete the network expansion by the end of the summer, making services available in the city of Arcadia and parts of other DeSoto County areas, such as Nocatee and Lake Suzy.
Also Read: Top Game-Development Tools
“Having access to high-speed Internet services will have a huge positive impact on our DeSoto County residents and businesses,” said Sondra Guffey, Director of Economic Development for the DeSoto County Board of Commissioners. ” It will immediately connect our community to the vast resources available online and support our future growth and economic development.”
Comcast’s Internet and network expertise is powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Peak Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly a billion devices through the company’s network annually. Xfinity’s 10G network with next-generation Xfinity gateways offers the most advanced WiFi technology, carrying three times the bandwidth to power simultaneous streaming, gaming, video calling and more.
- Faster Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit-speed products, and symmetrical gigabit speeds are expected to reach the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity gateway offers a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans to offer increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” (boost guarantee) later this year.
- More Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network, the Xfinity 10G Network, which covers 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency : The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination, delivering ultra-low latency for those moments where response times matter most, like gaming, a fast-growing category where Xfinity homes average more than one game console per household.
Internet Essentials , Comcast’s flagship digital equity initiative and the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program, will also be offered locally. Internet Essentials offers home Internet access for $9.95 to eligible households, plus multiple options to access online training on digital skills and competencies. Eligible households may choose to have their monthly home Internet service paid for through the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Internet Discount Program (ACP). for its acronym in English).
“As part of Comcast’s long-standing commitment to bridging the digital divide, we’re always working to bring Internet connectivity to new and underserved areas like Arcadia and DeSoto County,” said Javier Garcia, Senior Vice President of Sales and Comcast Florida Region Marketing. ” Internet access is a necessity in today’s increasingly digital world. You need to connect to the Internet to search for and apply for jobs, read critical news and information, or even access telehealth applications. Comcast is proud to make this investment in Arcadia and DeSoto County to support the community and local businesses now and in the future.”