BellSoft is releasing a new product – Liberica JDK Performance Edition. This solution is based on liberica-perf, a Java runtime that couples JVM 17 and JDK 11 and allows an immediate performance increase of up to 10–15%.
Liberica JDK Performance Edition helps organizations to skip all the troubles of migration to newer JDK versions and at the same time, get all benefits of the modern Java Virtual Machine. Enjoy an instant performance boost of up to 10–15% with little to no code adjustments with this new solution from BellSoft.
Liberica JDK Performance Edition is part of the Liberica JDK support subscription and is for Java SE users with a complex development environment based on JDK 11. The offering will be available to all BellSoft’s clients on August 1st, 2023, as part of their subscription. If you are not yet a Liberica JDK commercial user, it is worth considering our support services for Java expenses optimization and a smoother Java journey.
Liberica JDK Performance Edition allows for an immediate improvement in startup, latency, and throughput thanks to fixes and additional capabilities accumulated up to JDK 17.
Liberica JDK Performance Edition Essential enhancements
1. Improved garbage collection:
- Enhanced low-latency Shenandoah GC for large heaps;
- Production-ready ZGC with fixes and augmented properties: concurrent relocation, consistent throughput on a large heap, etc.;
- G1GC with new capabilities such as concurrent cleanup, parallel FullGC, heap allocation monitoring, etc.
2. Runtime improvements:
- Enhanced NUMA support to improve the performance of large enterprise applications that run a single JVM over multi-socket machines;
- More convenient logging with the unified JVM logging framework;
- Heap Allocation Monitoring to optimize memory footprint.
Liberica JDK Performance Edition is made specifically for companies still using JDK 11. Further on, we will include coverage for the JDK 8 version.
The technology is based on liberica-perf, which couples JVM 17 and JDK 11, bringing the efficiency of the latest JVM versions to established workloads. It can be used for developing and running Java applications on Linux-based headless or GUI systems. Liberica JDK Performance Edition demonstrates excellent benchmarking results even with the default settings and is a solution for enterprise customers.